The Public Foundation for the Advancement of Symmetrology has to ensure financial backing symmetry related activities, and attract further support. The Foundation is registered in Budapest, at the Municipal court, according to the Hungarian Law. Registration No. 10502 (issued by 12.Pk.61019/2007/3).
The curatory (Board of Trustees) of the Foundation:
Head of the Curatory:
The Supervisory Board of the Foundation:
Head of the Supervisory Board:
Members of the Supervisory Board:
The AIMS of the Symmetrology Foundation were formulated as it follows:
The aim of the Symmetrology Foundation is to facilitate connections between the sciences and arts by means of scientific research, education, dissemination of knowledge, artistic-cultural activity in phenomena of symmetry (or just its lack), as well as by events and publications serving the afore objectives.
- Research in the fields of symmetry related phenomena in the sciences, technology and the arts;
– Promoting interdisciplinary connections by applications of the concept of symmetry (and related concepts), in short: symmetrology studies. For this purpose:
– Maintaining an institute, research unit for symmetrology,
– Promoting and supporting interdisciplinary research projects in interdisciplinary fields related to symmetrology
– Promoting developments achieved in symmetrology in technological and other applications,
– Coordinating research, art, cultural, and training activities related to symmetry studies, on an international level,
– Announcing and awarding scholarships and prizes.
- Education. In particular:
– Graduate and postgraduate teaching of symmetry as a cultural, scientifc and artistic bridging (inter)discipline,
– Organising thematic training courses in the themes of symmetrology,
– Promoting the elaboration of educational materials and teaching tools, curriculum development aiming at high level education in symmetrology.
- Promotion of creating and giving publicity to artworks.
– Supporting artistic creativity,
– Promoting artistic events (exhibitions, galleries, workshops, meetings).
- Organizing meetings, like:
– Organization of scientific meetings and facilitating wide-scale international participation,
-Exhibitions representing symmetry based connections between the arts and sciences
– Artistic-scientific meetings, festivals promoting the connections between the sciences and arts.
- Publication, in particular
– Periodical publication,
– Book publication, incl. thematic essay volumes and monographs, conference proceedings, exhibition catalogues,
– Issuing textbooks and other teaching aids serving symmetry training,
– Bibliographic activity,
– Publication in electronic forms, like Internet web-site, electronic journal, CD-ROM, DVD, etc.,
– Bringing in and distribution of the above.
The Symmetrology Foundation realises its goals through the functioning of its institute.
29 Eötvös St., Budapest, H-1067 Hungary
c/o G. Darvas, 29 Eötvös St., Budapest, H-1067 Hungary
Phone: +36 1 302 6965
(EUR) IBAN: HU24 1040 5004 5048 5557 4953 1021
(HUF) IBAN: HU96 1040 5004 0002 4989 0000 0006
Documents on the functioning of the Foundation (in Hungarian):
Contract, according to which the Symmetrology Foundation took over the publication (and the related rights) of the journal Symmetry: Culture and Science from the International Symmetry Association (ISA) in March 2008. (Cf., item 5/A above.)
Contract, according to which the Symmetrology Foundation took over the publication and functioning of the website https://symmetry.hu (and the related rights) from the International Symmetry Association (ISA) in March 2008. (Cf., item 5/E above.)
29 Eötvös St.
Phone: +36 1 302 6965